5 Ways To Stay Positive Through Changing Seasons
- Create A Haven For Deep Rest & Sleep-clear away clutter from your bedside table or bedroom, replace it with a candle or favourite incense stick, even if not lite it will permeate the air around you and help to relax and invite you to rest. Set a timer to maintain a night time routine, aiming to go to sleep around the same time each night.
- Support Your Sleep-getting enough regular sleep can be a challenge, not getting enough can impact our cognition, memory, emotional regulation, mental health, digestion, hormone production and immune function. Try eating melatonin rich foods. Dr Libby suggests eating mushrooms, pistachio nuts, walnuts, tomatoes, red and orange capsicum, flaxseeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek as these are consistent sources. Also sour cherries, grapes and strawberries, but go with what is available seasonally.
- Nourish Your Body With Healthy Wholesome Foods-there is a gut-brain connection and what we physically put into your body affects our mood. To stay upbeat add, vegetables, healthy grains and protein-rich foods such as fish, avocado, leafy greens, nuts, apple cider vinegar and herbs into your everyday diet, these all contain enzymes, vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and complex carbohydrates that can help enhance the body’s functions and reduce the risk of dis-ease in our body.
- Start Your Day With Positivity-waking up at the same time each day can also support your body’s natural circadian rhythm, also try exposing your eyes to natural light when you wake up. Some simple ways in which to start your day can be spending a few minutes sitting quietly and focusing on your breath, a simple meditation, using positive affirmation cards and holding your cards focus with you for the day, or take up gratitude journaling, they all help to start your day in the right way.
- Add Crystals In Your Home or Bedroom-add positive energy to your living or sleeping spaces, with soft and soothing colours to add a subtle relaxing energy. Crystals like everything in life are made up energy, each one embodies a unique energy with a range of positive attributes depending on the type, colour and vibration of the stone. Each crystalline energy assists in restoring the body to its natural state of balance. We have a crystal guide book in our studio that you are welcome to look through, it gives guidance on uses in your home, specific chakra and body, sources and history, colour & formation, healing properties and uses.